Something about warm weather makes me crave salads. This one is creamy and filling, but light enough for lunch on a warm spring day! Stay tuned for more…I’ve got a lot of non-boring, satisfying, and delicious spring salad ideas up my sleeve! 😉
I can also see this in a sandwich wrap with diced celery and greens. Or on it’s own. To make this vegan, try substituting Vegenaise or a ripe mashed avocado for the yogurt. Or just omit it altogether for a less creamy but still delicious sauce.
- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu, pressed
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1/2 cup fresh dill (or 1 tbs or so dried dill)
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt (or see vegan substitutions above)
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tbs garlic powder (or 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed)
- Salad fixings:
- Your favorite greens, such as baby spring mix, romaine, spinach, etc
- A few sprigs of fresh dill, parsley, and cilantro
- Diced celery (optional)
- diced dill pickle (optional)
Heat a medium saute pan with the oil, and cook the tofu until golden brown.
Meanwhile, toss the dill, lemon juice, yogurt, mustard, and garlic powder in a food processor. Blend until smooth, and thin with water or dill pickle juice until reaches the desired consistency. (I like mine thick so I didn’t use any water, but feel free to adjust the texture as you like).
Toss the salad ingredients together.
Pour the dressing over the tofu and mix until the pieces are evenly coated.
Top the salad greens with the tofu. If you still want a salad dressing, I recommend a good ranch, like Annie’s Naturals Buttermilk Ranch. Enjoy!