So moist and chocolatey and fudgy, you’d never guess they’re gluten-, dairy-, and oil-free! They’re healthy enough to be a snack too….or, at least, that’s the excuse I used…;)
- 8-9 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (+ extra for garnish)
- 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder (+ extra for garnish)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, whole or chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds, whole or chopped
- 1/2 -1 tsp liquid (I used almond milk)
Just toss everything in a food processor. I put the dates and almonds in first, to get them broken up a bit. Drizzle the water or milk on top, just enough to moisten. Process until it starts to form a dense paste.
Line a baking dish with wax paper, and spread the dough out in the pan, to desired thickness. It works well to roll it into balls too!
Top with a little cocoa powder and coconut.
Refrigerate for about an hour, then cut and enjoy!