It’s delicious, I promise. If you don’t believe me, you might just have to see for yourself! 😉 I was skeptical of using tofu in desserts for a while…No more…
I used phyllo to make little mousse cups. You can use a pie crust and make a tofu mousse pie, or just serve in a bowl.
- 2 tbs orange juice concentrate
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tbs almond milk (or your choice of milk)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 block silken tofu, drained
- 3 drops orange extract (optional, but good)
- Zest from 1 orange, to garnish
- Optional crust: I used phyllo dough, about 4 layers per cup
Prepare and bake the crust, if you’re using one. I cut the phyllo into circles (4 layers per cup), folded them into a greased muffin tin, brushed the edges with oil, and baked at 350 F until golden brown.
Blend tofu in a food processor, until smooth and creamy.
Mix the orange juice concentrate, water, milk, sugar, orange extract, chocolate chips, and cocoa powder in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring between each, until chocolate is melted and everything is smooth. Fold in tofu, and mix thoroughly.
Pour into phyllo cups (or not), sprinkle with orange zest, and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.