I am a tad obsessed with green smoothies. If you haven’t tried one yet, this may be one you like! This one is about as decadent and dessert-like as greens can get.
Creamy, antioxidant-rich, sweet, and full of fresh kale…really, what more could you ask for? 🙂
I used Trader Joe’s pomegranate kefir, but pretty much any brand that makes kefir seems to offer a pomegranate flavor. Pomegranate juice would work beautifully too!
- 3-4 cups fresh spinach, kale, or a mixture of both
- 1 ripe banana
- 3/4 cup your choice of milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate kefir or juice
- 3/4 cup frozen cherries or berries
- Vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 tbs chia seed (optional)
Just put everything into a blender, with the greens on the bottom and frozen fruit on top. Blend until it reaches your desired consistency.