Much like parsnip fries, chia pudding seems to be a new trend that I decided I must try! I love love love chia seeds, and usually put them into smoothies, oatmeal, or, my favorite, crackers. Since they don’t have (really) any flavor, have crazy thickening powers and a pretty impressive nutition profile, a chia dessert seems perfect. And one you don’t have to even remotely feel guilty about.
Plus, any recipe that takes less than 5 minutes, and only a couple ingredients is a winner in my book.
Have fun experimenting with different milks and different add-ins! I went with chocolate and coconut, my favorite flavor combination.
- ~1 1/2 cup chocolate milk of your choice
- 1/4 cup whole chia seed (ground may work too)
- 2 tbs shredded coconut
- 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder (if you use sweetened, just omit the sugar)
- 2 tsp sugar (or to taste)
- Chocolate shavings for garnish (optional)
Just combine the dry ingredients (chia, coconut, cocoa powder, and sugar) in a bowl. Add the chocolate milk, slowly, until it reaches your desired thickness.
How crazy are chia seeds?! Love it!