Inspiration for this salad came from a lovely Moroccan stew a friend served us for dinner. I like pairing the peppery intense flavors of arugula with something sweet like fruit and something creamy like goat cheese or avocado.
This salad turned out beautifully – a lovely blend of seasonal flavors.
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 1 ripe Bosc pear, cored and sliced as you prefer
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted pistachio nutmeats
- 3 tbs crumbled goat cheese OR avocado chunks (for dairy-free option)
- 1 tbs diced shallot (could substitute red onion)
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp cumin, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon, or to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine the arugula with cranberries, pear, shallot, and pistachio. In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, and spices until smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste. Drizzle over the salad and enjoy!