It seems all I want to eat in the summer is salads. That and fresh fruit.
It’s only natural that I eat a lot of salads that feature fresh fruits. 😉
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 1 ripe peach or necta rine
- 1 cup cherries (any type will work)
- 2 oz goat cheese (about a scant 1/4 cup crumbled)
- 1-2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp honey
- salt to taste
- lemon pepper (optional; can use black pepper too)
Chop the peaches and cherries and arrange them on top of a bed of arugula. Crumble the goat cheese on top. To prepare the vinaigrette, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper until smooth. (You may need to heat the honey slightly until it whisks smooth). Drizzle the dressing over the salad and enjoy!