Chocolate. Granola. It’s only natural. A match made in heaven.
If you want to go really crazy, try it with chocolate almond milk. 😉
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup uncooked millet
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (or chopped almonds)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or other neutral flavored oil)
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- dried cherries, cranberries, etc (optional)
Preheat oven to 350F. Combine oats, millet, and almonds in a large bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, extracts, and cocoa powder. Stir until completely smooth and well combined. Pour into dry mixture and stir well. Add the optional chocolate chips if using. Spread onto a baking sheet and bake until browned around the edges, about 12-15 minutes. Let cool completely.