Another green smoothie for you! What’s exciting about this one is that it is banana-free. Don’t get me wrong…I have nothing against bananas. In fact they are a staple in my kitchen. But I love this smoothie because it’s sweetened only with the most nutrient-dense, high-fiber, low(ish) sugar fruits. (No offense, bananas. I still love you and your lower fiber, higher starch attributes). Enjoy this nutritious start to your day!
- 2 handfuls spinach or chard (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted cherries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tbsp chia seed (optional)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (probably optional, but if you omit this, you may need to add more fruit to keep the spinach from overpowering the flavors)
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.